Friday, February 17, 2012

February love.

And breath! With Valentine's day over I can finally take a little break. The bakery was going crazy getting ready for the busy holiday and so was the restaurant.
My French chef Jacky gave all of us a box of chocolates, and I got so excited. He looked at me and say's "don't get to excited Inna, I got one for everyone."I look at him and say" Hey! don't ruin it for me!" He started laughing and says  "well I got you one because I know no one else will give you one .... because you talk to much." Hahaha! Oh what a guy. Funny thing is, he talks more then I do! But then again I guess that makes me competition. My 3 am shifts are very chatty in the morning.
The rest of the day we worked hard and talk about who got dumped the lamest. And of course I take the gold metal for that one.  But at least when  I got "let go" he gave me words of encouragement.. "don't worry Inna, you will find someone."
Haha, no shit.
SO! Iv been learning a LOT.  I was planning to go back to school and do the savory side but...with the new chef we got at my restaurant I am just going to stick by his side and learn everything. Jacky is also giving me more responsibility at the bakery! Things are looking up for me:)
I made a very yummy sauce last friday it tastes like honey mustard BUT there is no honey in there!
It's a very easy sauce you can just go ahead and bake some potato wedges or fries and just go to town with this sauce!

 INGREDIENTS ARE:
70z Quince paste
2c Cider
2/3 c Whole grain mustard (Inglehoffer)

Now it is VERY IMPORTANT that you buy a cider that is a very thick cider, as if you took apples and squeezed them yourself. The cider has to be a cloudy cider not the TREETOP brand.
Quince paste you can get in the cheese isle. It goes very well with cheese as well, in spain it is used quite a bit.

METHOD:
Bring the quince and the cider to a simmer and melt the paste.
When fully melted, stir in mustard and cool.
This yields about 3 1/2c.
This is what I did.



I made some Jasmine rice with sauteed onion, steamed baby carrots and chicken breast. Very delicious.
I hope you enjoy it, because I surely did!
Oh! The other night at the restaurant I did a pretty darn good cannel. 
(for those who don't know what I do at the restaurant, I am the pantry chef. I do a lot of the appetizers and all the desserts! )
( A chocolate flowerless cake, with orange oil, rock salt and orange mascarpone creme, with a candied orange.)

I am happy with myself. From here it will just get even better.
Alright, im out.  
Happy black history month everyone! Don't forget to do your taxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment